Here at Alto Marketing we take the protection of your personal information very seriously. This privacy statement sets out the basis on which we process any personal data we collect from you and how we use it. By processing, we mean when we collect, use, store, delete and access personal data.
Our obligations to you
For the purpose of data protection legislation, we are the data controller and we will process your personal data in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation and national laws which relate to the processing of personal data. We are registered under the United Kingdom Data Protection Act 1998 – Registration number Z260089X.
How we collect or obtain personal information about you
We collect personal information about you when you provide it to us, such as through a form on our website, when you contact us directly by email, phone, via social media, in writing, in person, or by any other means by which you provide personal information to us.
Where permitted or authorised by law, we may also receive information about you from third parties such as affiliates, business partners and search engines.
Personal information we collect about you
The type of information we collect about you may include (but is not limited to); your name, email address, phone number, address, information about how you use our website, information about your device.
We may also obtain personal information about you from media publications, social media websites and other publicly accessible sources.
How we use your personal information
We will only use your information for the purpose described in this policy and we do not pass on your details to any third party unless you give us permission to do so.
We may use your personal information for one or more of the following purposes:
- Administering, running or improving our websites and business;
- Communicating directly with you in response to enquiries we receive from you;
- Enforcing our legal rights;
- Providing statistical information to third parties such as Google Analytics.
We may also collect or process your personal information for the following purposes:
- Entering into and performing a contract with you;
- Complying with laws, regulations and other legal requirements.
We may process your personal information for the following purpose(s) where we have obtained your consent to do so:
- To provide you with news about industry topics and information on our products, services and website updates.
Your email address will not be added to any other lists, shared with third parties (other than our contracted email marketing service provider) or used to send you unsolicited email.
In addition to the uses above, where you indicate you would like to receive marketing communications from us, subscribe to our mailing list, or provide us with your details at networking events, we may use your personal data to provide you with details about our services, programmes, business updates and events we think may be of interest.
When you subscribe to the mailing lists we necessarily record your email address. We also collect your subscription preferences, which at this time is limited to details of which lists you are subscribed to.
We may also record other personally identifiable information if you choose to provide it. This information is only used for internal analysis purposes to inform decisions on the nature and content of our communications.
You have the right to view and amend your details or to opt-out of receiving the information detailed above at any time. To do so you can:
- Click the ‘Update your preferences’ or ‘Unsubscribe’ button included in any such communication received;
- Email our administration team with your name and contact details. If you give us contact details so that we can respond to your query then they will only be used for that purpose.
We use a specialist third-party email marketing service provider, MailChimp, to administer and distribute emails to our mailing lists.
How long we store your personal information
We will store your information for no longer than necessary taking into account the following:
- The purpose for which we are processing your personal information;
- Whether we have any legal obligation to continue to process your information, such as any record-keeping obligations imposed by applicable law; and
- Whether there is any legal basis to continue to process your personal information, such as your consent.
Securing your personal information
We use leading technologies to safeguard your data and keep strict security standards to prevent unauthorised or unlawful processing, as well as against the accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, your personal information, including:
- Only sharing and providing access to your personal information to the minimum extent necessary, subject to confidentiality restrictions where appropriate;
- Using secure servers to store your personal information.
Access to, updating, deleting and restricting use of personal data
It is important that the personal data about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed of any changes.
Data protection legislation gives you the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances or withdraw your consent where this has been provided. You also have the right to access information held about you and for this to be in an intelligible form.
Where you request access to personal information, we are required by law to use reasonable means to verify your identity before doing so.
You can also ask us to undertake the following:
- Update or amend your personal data if you feel it is inaccurate;
- Remove your personal data from our database entirely;
- Send you copies of your personal data; or
- Restrict the use of your personal data.
Please send any requests relating to the above to our administration team at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our website contains hyperlinks to websites owned and operated by third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, such websites will apply different terms to the privacy of your personal data and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies.