Your chance to make your mark within a great team, in a unique work environment where you can shine…
If you are interested in a career with Alto Marketing, please email your CV to email@example.com. Whether we have a position open or not, we are always interested to hear from enthusiastic applicants.
Account Director – Healthcare (Head of Healthcare)
Great OTE, dependent on proven capabilities, nr Southampton
Alto Marketing is a committed and forward-thinking specialist healthcare and life science communications agency based near Southampton.
Our business has been built on our team’s enthusiasm and passion for healthcare and science, coupled with its profound knowledge and diverse experience within the sector. We work with start-ups and multi-national corporations, developing integrated communications and marketing campaigns that are geared to delivering direct business results.
We work together with our clients on a UK, European or worldwide basis dependent upon their needs, and pride ourselves on our ability to quickly grasp detailed clinical/scientific concepts and know how best to communicate and promote them.
We now need a talented, experienced and career-minded Account Director with maturity and vision who can both grow our existing healthcare client accounts – covering medical diagnostic, equipment and devices, and grow our healthcare client base. This is a full-on, full time position and it is intended that this role will have a great degree of autonomy. The role involves managing a highly experienced team, working closely with other teams in the business, and reporting to the Managing Director.
REQUIREMENTS OF THE ROLE
Strategic Account Direction:
- Shaping the long-term strategic direction of the healthcare client accounts and maintaining strategic overview of all healthcare accounts
- Working together with healthcare clients to develop their PR and marketing plans
- Interpreting/questioning client requirements and going “beyond the brief”
- Monitoring/reviewing all marketing communications activity regularly against agreed objectives
- Keeping abreast of new issues/changes in the healthcare environment and ensuring PR and marketing strategy reflects these
- Overseeing and directing the healthcare team to maintain the happy, productive team environment, and ensure individual ownership and responsibility for specific projects
- Responsibility for account profitability including quoting and invoicing
- Responsibility for negotiating and establishing financial arrangements with clients
- Directing the development of client PR and marketing strategy and tactics
- Developing strong and trusted relationships with client personnel and establishing and maintaining a role as consultant/adviser
- Overseeing multiple PR and marketing programmes, with final accountability for ensuring that activities are completed to schedule and budget
Growing Existing Business:
- Participating in the management team and taking responsibility for agreed aspects of the Alto Marketing Business Plan
- Creating and developing opportunities for growing existing business within current client pool
Bringing in new business:
- Responsible for identifying new business prospects and developing new business proposals
- Securing and maintaining new business
- Leading and motivating the team to fulfil their potential and assume responsibility/accountability appropriate to their position
- Full line management responsibilities including monitoring of objectives
- Making recommendations to Managing Director regarding staff development and account resourcing respectively
- Developing and maintaining strong knowledge of international and European healthcare media
- Developing relationships with key editors/journalists
Marketing communications and public relations:
- Strong understanding and experience of planning and managing integrated B2B PR and marketing programmes, including:
- Public relations (mainly trade)
- Email marketing (promotional emails and eNewsletters)
- Video production
- Press and digital advertising
- Direct mail
- Sales support materials (eg product launch presentations)
- Marketing collateral
- Exhibition support
- Social media activity
Desired Skills & Experience
We are looking for a person who has the following competencies at a senior level:
- Financial management and its applications
- Winning new business
- Client management
- Commercial/business awareness
- Communication skills
- Writing skills
- Project management skills
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Flexible working approach
- Strong understanding and experience of the full B2B marketing mix
- Excellent presentation skills
- Self motivated and reliable with a proactive approach
- Confident and enthusiastic attitude
- Interest and understanding of healthcare issues, including the NHS
There will be some UK travel and may be occasional European/international travel.
- Minimum of 7 years agency experience
- Degree or similar qualification
- Additional marketing qualification ideal
Start date Sept 2013
Contact David Robinson now on 01489 557672 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download the Account Director – Healthcare pdf.
Marketing Assistant – Graduate Internship
12 month contract, possible permanent role
Alto Marketing is a leading specialist life science and healthcare B2B marketing communications agency based near Southampton.
We have a client base of international life science and healthcare companies ranging from global corporations to start-ups for which we provide communications and marketing campaigns geared to generating direct business results.
We are now looking for a graduate to support on client marketing communications activities across a range of client accounts; the role will involve liaison with suppliers/media and clients. You will gain (paid) real-life, hands-on marketing communications experience, under guidance from experts. It is hoped that the position will become permanent – depending on circumstances and the candidate.
Main aspects of the position:
- Support on ad hoc client marketing projects:
- leaflets, advertising, misc. artwork, e-marketing
- Support on AdWords programmes
- Web traffic analysis (Google Analytics)
- Help with social media campaigns – esp Twitter and LinkedIn (possibly Facebook)
- Compilation of PR coverage reports
- Writing/distribution of news releases
- Internet research
- Alto website updates
- Other admin support for the team
- Marketing communications qualification – ideally with some previous experience OR someone who has life science/medical degree/qualification, but who has got some similar experience
- Social media/digital marketing nut! SEO, e-marketing and social media
- Excellent attention to detail (spotting typos etc)
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time, under direction
- Reliable and willingness to muck in
- Marketing communications degree – or similar
Start date: asap
Contact Chantal now on 01489 557672 or email Chantalj@alto-marketing.com