Science Writer/Account Executive
B2B Marketing Agency
|Type:||Full time||Location:||Nr Southampton|
|Salary:||Salary depending on BSc/PhD level and experience|
|Benefits:||Benefits include: workplace pension; 25 days holiday; 1 day paid Charity Day; work from home flexibility; easy working environment|
|Keywords:||Science Writer; Life Science; Molecular Biology; Genomics; PR; Marketing Agency; Technical Writing; Science Communications; PhD; Account Executive; Account Handler; Client Management|
Alto Marketing is a growing full-service B2B marketing communications agency specialising in science and healthcare. We offer an exciting and friendly working environment in great surroundings.
We are looking for a life scientist, most likely PhD-qualified; someone who loves to find out and write about cutting-edge products, technologies and applications. You’ll also take on responsibility for managing projects, working with account managers and others in the team which includes 5 x PhDs.
Alto is a marketing agency, so we are not writing just for the sake of the science. Almost all our communications have a commercial objective – to raise awareness and ultimately help sell our clients’ products/services. These cover a range of scientific areas mainly in the life sciences and healthcare. So you must have an interest in all the sciences and be able to quickly understand the benefits of complex technical products and applications in, for example:
- Genomics, molecular biology/molecular diagnostics, drug discovery
- General life science/biotech (and clinical) laboratory
- Analytical science, materials science
Developing great relationships with our clients and managing/prioritising concurrent projects, from taking briefs through to completion/delivery. Includes updating clients about the status of their projects and ensuring activities are completed on time.
A broad range of communications, which may involve researching technical topics and interviewing researchers/key opinion leaders about their work. Includes:
- Press releases
- Articles, case studies, white papers
- SEO-optimised web text; blogs/tweets
- Promotional sales materials
Liaison and relationship-building with our clients’ target media and pitching/placing articles.
Distributing releases, reading magazines etc to record client coverage and compiling client press coverage reports.
- Science PhD (top grade BSc minimum) in a “hard” science like molecular biology/biochemistry/cell biology rather than eg ecology, animal behaviour etc
- Great interpersonal skills and a confident communicator
- Excellent English grammar (to native level) and scientific marketing writing ability/potential
- Must be able to apply scientific understanding to a range of complex (life) science topics, using research skills to get up to speed with unfamiliar areas
- Outstanding attention to detail (spotting typos etc)
- A flexible working approach and ‘can-do’ personality
- The ability to prioritise and deliver multiple projects
- Self motivated and reliable with an enthusiastic, proactive approach
- Happy to work with sometimes demanding clients
- Demonstrable ability to work well with others in teams
More about us…
Our business has been built on our team’s enthusiasm and passion for what we do, coupled with in-depth knowledge and marketing skills. We have a client base of UK and international companies ranging from global corporations to start-ups for which we provide communications and marketing campaigns.
Start date Q1 2020
Please explain why you’re right for the role in a covering letter with your CV and send to David at email@example.com
Or contact David now on 01489 557672