Type: Full time; 12 months fixed-term, likely to extend
Location: Nr Southampton
Benefits include: workplace pension; 25 days holiday; 1 day paid Charity Day; work from home flexibility; easy working environment
Keywords: Science Writer; Life Science; Molecular Biology; Genomics; PR; Marketing Agency; Technical Writing; Science Communication; PhD
We are looking for a PhD-qualified life scientist – someone who loves to find out and write about cutting-edge products, technologies and applications. You’ll also be dealing with clients and managing projects.
Working with the Account Managers and others in the team (we have 4 x PhDs), you will take on responsibility for varied writing activities, involving research into technical topics, interviewing active researchers/key opinion leaders about their work and liaison with clients and the science trade media.
The projects involve a wide variety of writing styles, providing a balance between promotional and informational content and include:
- Press releases
- Articles, Case studies, White papers
- SEO-optimised web text
- Promotional sales materials
Our science clients’ products/services cover a range of scientific areas – mostly, but not exclusively in the life sciences and healthcare. So you must have an interest in all the sciences and be able to quickly understand the benefits of complex technical products and applications in for example:
- Genomics, molecular biology/molecular diagnostics
- Drug discovery
- General life science/biotech (and clinical) laboratory
- Analytical science
- Materials science
You’ll also be involved with working with clients and the media, so you will be conversing with all types of people.
- Science PhD (eg in “hard” science like molecular biology/biochemistry/cell biology rather than eg ecology, animal behaviour etc)
- Excellent English grammar and scientific marketing writing ability/potential
- Must be able to apply scientific understanding to a range of complex (life) science topics, using research skills to get up to speed with unfamiliar areas
- Outstanding attention to detail (spotting typos etc)
- A flexible working approach and ‘can-do’ personality
- The ability to prioritise and deliver multiple projects
- Self motivated and reliable with an enthusiastic, proactive approach
- Happy to work with sometimes demanding clients
- Demonstrable ability to work well with others in teams
More about us…
Our business has been built on our team’s enthusiasm and passion for what we do, coupled with in-depth knowledge and marketing skills. We have a client base of UK and international companies ranging from global corporations to start-ups for which we provide communications and marketing campaigns.
Start date Q1 2019
Contact David now on 01489 557672.